Enquiry and Dispute Fee Protection Service
Why you need Premier Protection
HM Revenue & Customs gained new powers of investigation on 1st April 2009.
HMRC now operate an information led approach to targeting non-compliant tax returns. They are now able to:
- Make inspections unannounced *
- Check your records before a tax return is filed
- Demand records without issuing a formal notice
- Ask third parties to check the accuracy of information
- Investigate direct taxes, VAT and employer compliance, since inspectors are now cross trained
Their aim is no longer to open as many full enquiries, but to target taxpayers and convince them to comply with HMRC underpayment estimates as quickly as possible. The most efficient way for them to do this is to demand early stage pre-return meetings.
Ad Valorem therefore decided to re-visit the market and seek a higher level of protection against these new powers.
Taxwise Premier Protection protects you from the outset...
The widest cover available:
- HMRC Full Enquiries
- HMRC VAT Reviews
- HMRC Employer Compliance Reviews
- HMRC Interventions relating to Self Assessment, Employer Compliance & VAT
- HMRC Aspect Enquiries
- Pre-Intervention/Dispute cover
- Late returns accepted **
- Pre-acceptance costs
- Directors and Partners cover
Premier Protection gives you the peace of mind of knowing that, should you be chosen for a review, intervention or investigation, we will be able to take as much time necessary to obtain the best result for you, without having to worry about the mounting costs.
Premier Protection also gives business clients free access to the Business Support Helpline; a valuable resource to help guide you through the ever-growing maze of legislation affecting businesses today.
With employment and health and safety legislation increasing all the time, it is vital that you have access to the right support and guidance to keep your business on the right side of the law. When you need a second opinion, the Business Support Helpline gives you the instant access to telephone advice from a team of experts. Helpline access is included as part of our Premier Protection scheme.
Areas of advice include:
- Employment and Personnel - such as disciplining an employee, dismissal, gross misconduct and redundancy
- Health & Safety Law - such as reporting an accident and Hazardous substances
- Commercial legal matters - such as landlord and tenancy issues, company law, copyright and patent law.
Please contact us you have any questions or queries about Premier Protection or the Business and Support Helpline and how they can benefit you and your business.
* Where there is a perceived potential for the taxpayer to move stock/assets/trade away from the premises after being advised of a visit
** One recent return is allowed to be up to 90 days late